14 15 Its entrance features detailings of the web blinds promotional code 2015 facade of 1911 of the old John Little building.
Dockyard in Kidderpore, near Calcutta.
1920s : A carpark was added, which also had a Jinrickisha station.
The founder of modern Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles, intended Singapore to become a "great commercial emporium ".
1973 The John Littles Building was demolished.The gaps were filled up by other banks, which began to see the rise of the skyscrapers.Robinson's Department Store fire at Raffles best coupon deals app Place The Robinsons Department Store building at Raffles Place was destroyed by a fire that broke out at around.55.S history began in 1823 when a partnership was established between Alexander Guthrie and Thomas Talbot.Fort Fullerton Fort Fullerton was one of the earliest forts built in Singapore, predating even Fort Canning.1987 Raffles Place MRT Station was officially opened.In 1980, the 190m-tall Shell Tower (Singapore Land Tower today) was built near where John Little used to be, whereas at the former site of Robinsons Department Store, the 63-storey OUB Centre (One Raffles Place today) was completed in 1986 as the tallest building.Start here and select your preferred program: PointsmaxaerClubAir ChinaAirAsia bigalaska Airlines Mileage PlanAmerican Airlines AAdvantageAsia MilesAsiana Airlines MileageAvios Travel Reward ProgrammeBonusLinkBritish Airways Executive ClubChina Airlines Dynasty MemberEastern MilesEtihad Airways - Etihad GuestEVA Air Infinity MileageLandsFlyerBonusFlying BlueFlying Rewards by Cebu PacificGulf Air Falcon FlyerHawaiianMilesIberia PlusJapan Airlines.5 On, Commercial Square was renamed Raffles Place.From 1858 to 1864, the land on the south side of Raffles Place from Johnston's Pier to Telok Ayer Market was reclaimed, which became Collyer Quay, named after the Chief Engineer George Collyer who initiated its construction.Singapore: Times Books International.Its former name, Kling Street.
Mouth of the Singapore River, the mouth of the Singapore River was the point at which the Singapore River drained into the Singapore Strait.
The new building lasted more than 50 years until 1979 when it was demolished and replaced three years later by the 21-storey Hong Kong Bank Building (hsbc Building today).
Entrance to Raffles Place MRT Station.
It was located at the.
Change Alley, change Alley, a narrow lane between the Winchester House and Singapore Rubber House, was once famous for its money-changers, both legal and illegal, and rows of little retail stores.There was also an underground subway leading directly to the basement of Robinsons Department Store, a feature welcomed by late night shoppers.Other well-known commercial houses were Jose D'Almeida and Sons, the Straits Trading Company,.M.1974 Clifford Centre was completed.Author Vernon Cornelius References Buckley,.Hokien Street Hokien Street (sometimes spelt Hokkien Street) is a one-way street connecting China Street to South Bridge Road.Right until then, Robinson's Store, John Little's Department Store, and a Chinese Emporium were the most popular shopping places in Singapore.1999 Malayan Bank Chambers was demolished.1992 Hitachi Tower was built at the former sites of the Winchester House and Singapore Rubber House.